Veritas 8 Alarm Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following a power cut I could not get my Veritas 8 alarm panel to set properly, thought it may be internal battery which I replaced but panel still would not set. Did factory reset and fully reprogrammed panel but still no progress. Did reset and reprogramming several times but still no joy. Bought identical new panel, carefully installed this but can’t programme panel, this has me completely baffled. I’ve even disconnected remote panel but this makes no difference.

When I input programme details i.e.

1234 00 then 116 prog 216 prog etc. etc I get tone appearing to accept the code!

What I have at the moment are all zone lights, power light and unset lights lit, with tamper light not lit.

I have installed a couple of these panels previously with no problems. I have been trying to resolve this for over a week now and would be grateful for any help/advice available.

Thank you for reading this

Sponsored Links
New panels work differently

New panels use. prog to enter menus and not 00

To enter engineering 1234 Prog

The menus are also different, if you don’t have a new manual then you can find one online or online at Texe.com

Changed about 20 years ago from 00 to PROG don’t have exact time scales but it was around 2000 ish.

As for the old panel can’t comment on why it won’t work as would have to do a series of tests but maybe it’s dead.

Secureiam many thanks for your prompt response, it looks as though the code change is the problem, downloaded manual as you suggested, ploughing my way through it! A couple of queries, is Guard the same as full set and when inputting Zones which have the same requirements do you have to input Zones individually as previously or can you insert all the Zones at one go?

Once again many thanks for your help, will let you know how I go on

Sponsored Links
To change your code on new system

It’s code prog 60 new code prog it should be in the manuals.

As for changing Sinai or to before.

But default is t the FB same ie

Zone 1 e/e
Zone 2 inhibited entry (walk through
Zone3 to 8 Guard

Part set programming is considerably different in that you don’t change each zone using 21 for zone 1 to 28 to zone 8.

Menus 21, 22, 23 you select the zones you want as e/e inhibited entry and guard in part set no need to do anything if you want them to be the same.

Note 21 and 23 have default values, again that’s in the manual.

Zones in use in part sets use 51,52,53 and 54 note 51 and 52 available on veritas 8 8C and R8
R9 plus excel have 51,52,53,54 ie 4 part sets

Again this is all in the engineers manuals

Thank you again for your trouble, won't get around to completing task until tomorrow, will let you know how things go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back