Remote switching?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Fellas

I have a project on to reduce power consumption, and currently have outdoor son lighting which is controlled via a photocell, and I am adding a timer so that they can be off all night on a saturday (no night shift on sat) but the on site security would like the option to be able to switch on the lights if they need to

The switching is not a problem as I can use a contactor to operate the lighting contactors bypassing the timer, but as the distance from where the security office is to the lighting contactors is about 600 meters, I dont fancy laying cables all that distance, not to mention the cost

So I'm looking for some kind of radio controlled switch and receiving unit with a latching/unlatching relay which will be capable of this sort of distance? Any ideas?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Love the link, "1Km range with the ability to extend"...... could switch the lights on at home from the comfort of the pub :D

with the right bit of hardware and the right phone app you can switch your lights ( or almost anything else in the house ) from Sydney if you wanted..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back