Removal of interior wall and secondary fire place.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm really in need of any advice and help anyone can give.
I need to find a builder; What should I be asking/ looking out for? What's the average time frame for work? Cash being an issue would it be a good idea to do the manual work moving bricks around etc or just leaving them to it?
Long story, but to cut it short I removed a secondary fire place and chimney in the small dining room of a 1955ish semi, with the purpose if giving me more room until I was at a point in the future were I could knock through into the kitchen. Well due the condition of the bricks I need to get an RSJ in so going to get the whole knock through done

Sponsored Links
Kind of a strange round-about way of asking questions. Prolly why no one has responded.

It would take 2/3 days to do the work.

You will need an S.E. or similar.

You may need to serve a PWA notice.

You will need to inform your L.A.

You may need a foundation check and some steel design work (S.E.).

A decent builder should be able to carry out the building work designs of an S.E.

Cash being an issue would it be a good idea to do the manual work moving bricks around etc or just leaving them to it?
Stay out of the way of the builder and don't pester him at break times.

i'm a complete novice at this. It's my first home after spending 11 + years in military accommodation.
I am in the process of getting quotes from different companies. No set time scales given and not much other info given either, they'd make great politicians. Just waiting for quotes to come back.
Thanks for replying, it's nice to know I wasn't totally ignored.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back