Removal of larder cupboard under the stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After months of delays I'll be buying my first house within the next week or so and the main project is to completely revamp the kitchen. At the moment there is a brick larder cupboard that extends into the kitchen that we want to remove to give more space.

From my frankly incredible drawing you can see the large square as the kitchen, the rectangle as the stairs and then the small square as the larder cupboard in the kitchen.

It seems like an odd question but is there any reason to think that the brick walls of that cupboard are supporting the stairs? or will they be tied into the joists?

The plan is to remove the two red walls and then rebuild the wall along the pink line to give us 4 flat walls. At present the 9.5ft sq kitchen is blessed with 3 doors a window and this cupboard! Needless to say some changes are coming.

View media item 11128

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back