Small Damp Problem in Cupboard under the Stairs....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
APOLOGISIES IN ADVANCE
IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO POST...

Basically Gentlemen,
I have a damp problem in a small cupboard under my stairs.

when we first moved in a few years ago, a bunch of things were boxed up and thrown under the stairs for storage. Im now re-decorating the house and the Kitchen is next.

The Cupboard is under the stairs, next to the Kitchen, so I thought I'd better deal with the Cupboard first before stripping the Kitchen.

Please, I'd like to know how best to Fix the musty smell and air out/dry out the cupboard. Ultimately I want to paint the inside white and continue using it for storage. I've cleared the cupboard, but im not sure where to start.....

I believe the the moisture came from the WOODEN WALL the cupboard shares with the Kitchen. Until I cleared the cupboard recently I thought that wall was Brick. there is a fridge is on the otherside of the wooden wall, and over the years there have been times where this has leaked and we've replaced it. We also had a leaky pipe under teh floorboards ABOVE the cupboard which I've recently replaced.

...so I believe I've already sorted the CAUSE of the damp.

now I'd just like help removing the smell and restoring the cupboard to normal so I can paint it....

Any help, as always, will be very much appreciated.

Cheers Fellas !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back