Removal of manhole- method statement

I'm fairly confident it will be a shared, the sewer runs from left to right from the rear of the house and carries on into the neighbours property either side. I will test to see of their waste does flow though.

It is so frustrating as a simple solution has been made difficult by the water company. My previous property had the garage converted and we just sealed the manhole and floored over the top! We had a manhole in front of the property and when we had a problem we still had access. The same is in the new property and still have access either side. However this situation is that the renovation has gone through planning and the local council have stipulated authorisation has to be obtained from the water company and documented in order to get sign off.

I have emailed the water company and asked what they need to have done and how to do it.

Sponsored Links
Only thing if you bury it is that the channel and benching can deteriorate, leak and catch solids. That's why they want it piping through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back