Remove a battery of Vauxhall Corsa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, how can i remove a battery of this car? My friend had a look at it but he said i need some tool to remove a battery. But i dont know which one.. can anybody help me out? :)

PS: why im doing this -> because i need to charge a battery at home because the battery is dead, i tried to charge it from a car to my car but its not enough, i use ride a short routes only, Im a beginner driver and a woman :)[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Hi

The best way too do it is to remove the torq screw under the little grill at far edge of the passenger side then lift off rubber seal running along bulkhead.
Then where the two battery leads run along through the grill there's a cover over them, pop this off and pop the wires out of the little clips.
This will give you enough room to lift the grill upwards and pull off of windscreen.
Its pretty tight but with a little wiggle it will come off, just watch out as its easy too break, this wont remove the grill fully but will give you space too get the battery out

Cheers

Chris

Im a beginner driver and a woman :)
[/quote]

Not a great start!!

If you don't have the necessary tools ask a mate that will help you.

You can charge the battery in the car if you want. just put the red charger wire to the red positive (+, large) battery terminal and the black lead to the negative (- small terminal) and your good to go. Leave it ON for a few hours and the small meter on the charger will tell you its charging.

The smell from the battery while its charging is dangerous.

Or go to your local motor factor and they will do it for you, its worth a try?

Sponsored Links
Call out either the AA or RAC and if you don't have breakdown cover i sagest you get yourself some, saves time and effort.

Back