Remove Accenta 8 Mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved into a house which is fitted with Accenta 8 mini alarm system.

It's dated and I would like to replace it with a smart alarm system.

I know this system has tamper detection and a backup battery. I think I have it in engineering mode (Prog + 9999) and the 'attack' light is constantly on. I'm hoping this means the alarm won't sound if I try to open and remove the unit.

Am I overlooking anything? Do the external sirens also have batteries in them or are they all powered by the unit with the battery backup.

Thanks all,

Sponsored Links
Don't know which bell box you have attached and the age of the actual panel.

However some bell boxes do have batteries and some have the batteries turned on so when the wire or power is cut the bell rings.

This is why during a power cut you may several alarm bells ringing immediately and others ringing after a delay depending on how long the power cut is.

better to make sure its disconnected properly at the panel and at the bell.

Don't know which bell box you have attached and the age of the actual panel.

However some bell boxes do have batteries and some have the batteries turned on so when the wire or power is cut the bell rings.

This is why during a power cut you may several alarm bells ringing immediately and others ringing after a delay depending on how long the power cut is.

better to make sure its disconnected properly at the panel and at the bell.

Sorry, long time to response to this. I found the engineering code which disabled the entire system allowing me to disconnect everything. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back