Remove ADT Honeywell Le Sucre Siren & Sensor for plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone shed some light on this for me please? My sister has some building work going on where they will be plastering the downstairs hallway. In there is fitted a Siren and motion sensor, as well as the control panel.

The document she showed me says it's an ADT Honeywell Le Sucre Wireless system.

I'm not based local to her but will be down in a week so can anyone confirm/explain to me if I can remove these devices from the wall temporarily for the plastering to take place without having to call out an ADT engineer? She is currently being quoted £200 to do the job by ADT!

When I removed one of my wired sensors in my house I was told you simply put the system into test mode to prevent the alarm from activating.

Sponsored Links
If you take them down, you'll get a tamper. The chances are that a system programmed by ADT won't allow you to reset the tamper. However, this may cost less than £200 if you tell them that you 'just knocked the detector whilst dusting it and can I have a reset'. If you wait until the plastering is finished and you've put them back, you'll only need to do it once. (Of course, you won't be able to set the alarm until you've reset the tamper.)

If you take them down, you'll get a tamper. The chances are that a system programmed by ADT won't allow you to reset the tamper. However, this may cost less than £200 if you tell them that you 'just knocked the detector whilst dusting it and can I have a reset'. If you wait until the plastering is finished and you've put them back, you'll only need to do it once. (Of course, you won't be able to set the alarm until you've reset the tamper.)

Ok thanks for that so even moving them despite being wireless will cause a tamper? How does the system know a sensor or siren has been moved?

There is usually a switch on the front cover/lid and one sticking out of the back against the wall. If either of these become 'free', the unit will transmit a tamper signal to the control panel. This stops a distraction burglar ("I've come to read the meter") from taking your detectors down, chucking them in nextdoor's wheelie bin and burgling you tomorrow.

If they're mounted on plasterboard, you could cut out the section they're mounted on but you still couldn't put them back without generating the tamper. So that's not worth doing, either.

Sponsored Links
Oh ok thank for letting me know, it seems that a callout to the engineer is the only choice or trying to plaster around it. :(

If you plaster round it, it will look a real sight when you need to replace it...

If your contract is up, you could always ask your local independent alarm company to take it over. That could be a lot cheaper... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back