Remove Anglian Shootbolts and gearbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I appear to have a broken gearbox on an old (circa 1999?) Anglian window. I believe the gearbox is the old style one here but I cannot for the life of me work out how to remove the shootbolts and get the gearbox out ...

It appears to be teh same system as discussed in this thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/jammed-shootbolt.426536/

I can add picture when I'm next home if that helps.

Removing the handle does *not* cause the gearbox to drop out; I can't turn the shootbolts by hand, and don't want to just force them. There appears to be a fitted plastic 'strip' in the bottom channel that connects the gearbox to the shootbolts, but I can't get it to come out.

It's a small window on the second floor and I'm trying to work through the small opening.

Anyone know anything that might help me understand how to get this apart??

Thanks,
Rob.

Edited to add an essential *not* to the problem description :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
OK, so scraped knuckles later and I've got one of the end caps off and a couple of photos. Is it just a case of levering out the plastic insert from the channel that encloses the shootbolt?
IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back