How to Remove an Anglian Shoot Bolt Gearbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The gearbox has failed on a ~15 year-old Anglian window. I have taken the corner pieces off and removed the outer plastic strip covers. (see photo) That leaves the gearbox plus two other plastic strips which slide with the shoot bolts and appear to be clipped together. I have tried levering them out gently but they are resisting and I am reluctant to force it without understanding how the thing is out together.
In an earlier thread crank39 said they will pop out but I am wondering if he or anyone else can give any more information on whether they all come out together or the best technique to use. I need some confidence to give it some welly!
Thanks,
John
PXL_20210831_151421607a.jpg
PXL_20210831_151438468a.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have answered my own question by being a bit braver. The two plastic pieces that slide when the lock operates hold the threaded end of the shoot bolts in a threaded clip moulded into them. The length of the bolts can be adjusted by turning them in the clip. The slides are held in the window by 4 lugs and need to be leaned on quite firmly to pop them out. Once out, the plastic slide drops away from the hook on the end of the gearbox which is a loose fit in the window section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back