UPVC Conservatory Window Seized Shut - Help

I'll pick one of those up from Screwfix this weekend and try it out. The plan is to do the entire house eventually, white handles, all matching etc. Previous had an acquired taste in window handles including mixing and matching and they all seem really cheap and loose!!

Thanks, it's really good learning about this stuff. I'll admit to being a total noob here, so the handle and mech I just purchased on measurements (and brand name being Yale).

RE Shootbolts: I'm not convinced they add enough of a security benefit to negate the risks of them being stuck. These are not particularly easy windows to break through (small, narrow and in the air), so really I am just trying to validate how much of the draft they keep out. Could do with a convenient downturn in weather to find out for sure.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back