remove anti vandal paint from fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

First time user of the boards, looks a good place for tips, tricks and a good laugh!

To cut a long story short, my neighbors house was tried and they put anti vandal paint over the fences in the vicinity of their house, not caring who's fence is who's and we have a cat that likes to walk over fences... so we had a word and they said it can be taken off. While we are happy to take it off can anyone tell me the quickest way to remove it from the fence? We taken rags and white spirit to get the most of it off and then sanded it to take like 95% of it away but this taken ages

Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A hand held power planer will be the best bet it should take it off in a few swipes.

Be very careful of nail or screw heads. you will need to examine very meticulously the area and punch any heads below the surface before you plane

Thanks for the tips guys. I don't think a jetwasher or electric hand planer would be too wise to use on someone elses fences - but thanks!

I will go with the same method what I done last week - white spirit to lift it off and then dry it with a rag then sand it down to remove it...when i say sand it I mean a bit of elbow grease!

It's annoying...the cat is trained to poo in her outside box so we don't think the neighbour has a problem with cats as they have hired a company to come out and put sensor lights and cctv around their house.

I am also going for some decent PIR lighting for future use that will double as a light show in my garden...I think I just gave myself a mini-project :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back