how to remove fence paint from concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

where my neighbour has painted his side of the fence the paint has run down our side and onto the concrete kick/gravel-boards at the bottom so i have lovely green streaky drip-run marks on my side that dont look good :rolleyes:

ive tried turps but it didnt work. the stains have been there a couple of years so they are well soaked into the concrete.

anyone know a product that will remove them?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd be suprised if much had "soaked in", since precast concrete usually has a pretty good surface.

But turps is quite a mild solvent. Try something more powerful, such as petrol, white spirit, or acetone (nail varnish remover).

Or try a blowtorch (just don't overcook it and crack it).

Or paint the whole thing with fence paint.

fence stain is a water-based waxy emulsion thing. If turps won't remove it, try a wire brush

Or you could paint all the concrete with masonry paint. If you do it in dark brown it will tone beautifully with the stained woodwork of the fence.

I can show you a pic if you like :)

BTW who does the fence belong to? If it's his, he can paint it any colour he wants

fence stain is a water-based waxy emulsion thing. If turps won't remove it, try a wire brush

Or you could paint all the concrete with masonry paint. If you do it in dark brown it will tone beautifully with the stained woodwork of the fence.

BTW who does the fence belong to? If it's his, he can paint it any colour he wants

You're trying to kill Thermo aren't you! :LOL:

Sponsored Links

you can also paint your patio with fence stain and that will tone in beautifully as well.........my Arssse!

it will look like an ugly concrete post painted in fence stain. strange man

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back