remove central screw and water jets from pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for starting another thread, but I don't know how relevant this is to my previous CH problem, or if it isn't at all relevant and I'm doing something wrong!

(Overview of problem to date: Worcester 350 combi boiler gives HW but CH doesn't work. Have replaced thermistor and this hasn't solved the problem...............)

Therefore I thought that the pump wasn't sufficiently pumping HW around the system because after firing up, the pressure goes up and the CH switches itself off but doesn't restart.

Looking at other threads, I decided to take the central screw off the CH pump (apparnetly the 350 has 2 seperate pumps but no divertor! See, I am learning, but very slowly....) anyway, after removing the screw from the Grundos 15/60 pump, instead of a 'slow, trickle, dribble of water' as I was expecting from other posts, a whole constant stream of water was jetting out from the centre of the pump and I didn't have a chance to check any movement of the impellor with a screwdriver so I just repalced the screw.

My question is therefore, does this indicate that the pump is knackered or is this expected from the 350 as it has 2 seperate pumps?!

Excuse my ignorance and as always, any help is extremley welcome!

(I will check the other pump to see if it's the same, but before attempting that I need to clean and dry everything up! So in the meantime, any help/suggestions would be great!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back