Remove cold water tank to extend into the loft and simplify

P

peter1234

I am planning the extension of my home house to the side of the house and into the loft. I was wondering if it is possible to simplify water/central heating/ hot water system and save space.
I have a cold-water and innumerable pipes tank a smaller tank with a round float ball in the loft. In the first floor I have the emersion heater and the boiler in the kitchen. Recently I visited the house of an Architect who appears to have substituted them all with a something like a box shape container placed in a cupboard next to the entrance door in the ground floor. There are no tanks or emersion heaters anywhere in the house.
Any information will be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Depending on the size of your property and how many bedrooms/bathrooms/users you have there, a combination boiler would remove the need for the tanks in the loft and the cylinder in your airing cupboard.
Or, if you have a lot of hot water demand, an unvented cylinder and system boiler would be best. This takes out the need for the tanks in your loft although you will still require a place to appropriately site the cylinder,
Ask a good local Gas Safe registered plumber round to give you a quote. They will be able to advise you as to what is best for your needs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back