remove electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have replaced my electric shower with a bath/shower mixer tap. I have disconnected the water supply from the electric shower. Is it safe/sufficient to now remove just the cable from the ceiling switch to the shower heater unit, and then remove the shower from the wall? That is, leave the wiring in place from the CU to the shower (but switched off at the CU obviously). I assume that an electrician would remove the shower connection at all points, but as I am not an electrician I don't really want to have a go at the CU...

Thanks in advance,

wrathkeg

Sponsored Links
That sounds pretty reasonable to me. It is a good idea to leave the cable from CU to ceiling isolator in place, in some respects, as you or someone else may decide to reinstate a shower in the future.

Obviously turn at CU before opening the ceiling isolator. Also make sure you are disconnecting the correct cable! They are not always installed/terminated correctly.

thanks for that. it seems logical to me, but what seems logical to me doesn't always seem logical to everyone else :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back