removed a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, earlier i had to remove my old electric shower because the misses wants a manual mixer shower in.
i turned off CU and disconnect live from fuse. snipped L n N as far back as i could.Left the earth connected(should i cut this back too?)
left fuse in but switched off(should i remove fuse or is it ok like this?)
disconnected cable from shower and switch and cut back cable.
is this ok?
just unsure of removing earth from CU and fuse?
also what is the best way of covering up the old switch outside bathrooom
just remove back box and plaster?
cheers
mark

Sponsored Links
after reading a few other threads i guess i should disconnect earth,cut back and remove fuse and use a blank plate to cover
am i right?and is it safe the way it is till i get a blank
any advice much appreciated

If the cable is now redundant you should disconnect live, neutral and earth at the consumer unit.

Neutral is considered a 'live' conductor.

i disconnected live and neutral and cut back as far as i could,the earth is still connected and the fuse still in.
should i remove earth cut back and remove mcb or leave in?

Sponsored Links
Do the same with the earth.

You could remove the MCB for the shower and use a blacking plate, or provided its not connected to anything and you don't go re-using it to power a lighting circuit or something silly then it can just be left as-is.

no not gonna use it for anything else m8
so its ok to leave in till i get a blank
and i`ll disconnect the earth in morning..
safe over night then?
its only the earth afterall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back