Remove or replace Boiler timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a glow worm Betacom boiler that has a built in analogue timer in the front. The ticking noise made by the timer drives me insane at night.

The timer is set to the always on position as there is a separate wireless program/thermostat that controls when the heating comes on or off. So the timer on the boiler is redundant.

What are my options for shutting this thing up?
I have seen digital timers available for this boiler but they cost a bit, or is it possible that a the timer can be bypassed completely? How much would that cost?

Thanks
Rumple

Sponsored Links
get someone who is competent with electrics , isolate the supply and access the back of the clock it will have a live and neutral supply to the clock motor and two switch wires, just remove and isolate the live supply to the motor and the noise will stop but the clock will stop going round but if you dont use it as long as it is set at on then it wont matter, a very simple job to do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back