Remove permanent marker?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - silly mistake but I marked out some floor tiles with permanent marker pen before cutting. Now I find I marked one wrong and need to erase the ink.

I've tried white spirit but it doesn't work. The floor tile is a ceramic one with a matt finish, slightly rough to the touch.

Any bright ideas to remove the permanent marker? The tile's already laid so I can't just use another one ;)

Help! Before the missus spots it!

J

Sponsored Links
Hi there - silly mistake but I marked out some floor tiles with permanent marker pen before cutting. Now I find I marked one wrong and need to erase the ink.

I've tried white spirit but it doesn't work. The floor tile is a ceramic one with a matt finish, slightly rough to the touch.

Any bright ideas to remove the permanent marker? The tile's already laid so I can't just use another one ;)

Help! Before the missus spots it!

J

This might not work but it's worth a try, it also sounds silly but trust me as it has saved me in the past!!

Permanent Marker has the ability to remove itself but you have to be quick - get a wet cloth ready, then scribble directly on the existing mark and immediately (and very quickly) rub the area hard with the wet cloth and hopefully applying the new bit of marker will remove the old bit, trust me I've done this successfully but you have to be quick!

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

sergeantash method definatly works buuuuutttt
you need to be 100% shure the tile is NOT porous or you could make the situation worse :D

Sponsored Links
That has to be one of the most ridiculous ideas ever.

BUT IT WORKS!!

Thanks so much, as you suggested, tracing a line over the original with the same marker pen, swiftly followed by a good scrub with a damp cloth and hey presto the line disappeared.

Actually it has left a faint line but hardly noticeable and much better than the thick black line I had in the first place.

Thanks so much again, I would never have thought of that.

Justy :D :D :D :D

That has to be one of the most ridiculous ideas ever.

BUT IT WORKS!!

Thanks so much, as you suggested, tracing a line over the original with the same marker pen, swiftly followed by a good scrub with a damp cloth and hey presto the line disappeared.

Actually it has left a faint line but hardly noticeable and much better than the thick black line I had in the first place.

Thanks so much again, I would never have thought of that.

Justy :D :D :D :D

Haha, my pleasure :D its actually a trick I learnt as a kid at school, glad it helped you out!!

Sounds stupid but trus me it works.

Use "TOOTHPASTE" - rub with finger with abit of water or no water LOLLLLLLL...

and for keeping your bathroom mirrors from steaming up.

Use "MENS SHAVING CREAM" ....

Hope that helps.

Sounds stupid but trus me it works.

Use "TOOTHPASTE" - rub with finger with abit of water or no water LOLLLLLLL...

Hope that helps.

Be very careful with that, Toothpaste is essentially a bleach and so you may end up rubbing away some of your tile print.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back