Remove Sinks fixed with Sealant!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two pudding bowl style sinks that are sitting on top of a wooden console style table. They have been fixed to the wooden surface with standard clear bathroom sealant. I need to remove these sinks to fit a marble worktop on top of unit. Holes in marble drilled, all ready to go but cant get the sinks off the table.

Short of driving a great big wooden wedge underneath and trying to prise them off im a bit stumped.

I dont mind damaging the table, but i dont want to scratch the bowls as they are about 150 each.

Regards

Sponsored Links
martin - snap-off knife with blade extended allows you to get into the silicone flat at table-top level. Press the flexible blade flat onto the surface and make a series of ever deepening cuts, don't attempt to cut in one go 'cos you might slip and mark the basins.

Sponsored Links
martin - snap-off knife with blade extended allows you to get into the silicone flat at table-top level. Press the flexible blade flat onto the surface and make a series of ever deepening cuts, don't attempt to cut in one go 'cos you might slip and mark the basins.

Or sever an artery :eek:

Bilio - quite right! I left a warning of the danger of spraying 'claret' out of my post 'cos I didn't want to sound like the 'ealth 'n safety' Gestapo (or Nanny). Just think of the potential for injury astride this Forum ... folks wielding routers, circular saws, nail guns, electrics, gas, not to mention snippers in the garden, Oh dear!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back