remove upvc door seal on French double door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
A little help please...
I am looking to replace the perrished door seals on both the frame and door on UPVC double doors.

I have the correct profile of the rubber seal and have 21m on order to complete the job.
The seal fitted to the frame is the easiest to replace.

Both doors open outwards, the seals on the main door on the right as viewed from the outside is also easy to replace.

But the left hand door as viewed from the outside, this is the diffcult one.
There is some of the seals tha will require the lock section fitted to this left door to be removed.
I cannot find any videos or instructions as to how this door is dismantled to replace all the perrished door seals.

Can anyone help..
If a photo is required i can do...

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Photos are always good but i think you might mean whats called a flying mullion, look along its length and you should see probably 5 screw caps, remove these and remove screws don't have to come all the way out, get a step ladder out and look down from above and you'll see they are 2 seperate bits

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back