Removing 22mm to 10mm tees from heating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m removing my kitchen radiator due to some remodelling; it’s fed by 10mm pipes coming from the ceiling and connected to the 22 mm pipes running across the house.
I’m doing the work from below as the upstairs floor has already been laid and the ceiling is going to be skimmed anyway

The 22 mm pipes run in notched joists and flow and return are very close to each other

I have a few options I think (in order of complexity)

1) cut the 10mm pipes just after the tees without draining the system (just releasing the pressure) and fit push fit end caps, job done?
2) drain the system, cut the 10 mm pipes close to the tees and solder end feed copper caps
3) drain the system, cut the tees using a hack saw (they are too close together to use a pipe cutting tool), cut again using the proper tool, add a piece of 22mm pipe + 2 x slip couples for each pipe

Which one would you go for?

Sponsored Links
Option 1 is going to be messy, even with pressure released there will be a fair drop of water left in the system. Option 2 is the favourite, 3 is a lot of work and not really necessary on a heating system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back