removing a Baxi 105e heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can any one help. I have removed the boiler and pressure tested the system to find that one of the heat exchanger seals is leaking and I cannot pull the heat exchanger from the 4 seals that hold it in place.

I have tried to leaver it free with a flat bar but it will not budge is there a retaining bolt or screw and I am stumped. So please help how do I remove the heat exchanger without damage.

Thanks...........Len

Sponsored Links
You should not be replacing a Heat Exchanger on a gas boiler unless Registered and competent! (I suspect you have forgoton to remove something - but I cannot comment further) Get a RGI to do the job and stay legal!! ;)

You on about the plate heat exchanger there is 2 screws either side at the front

Sponsored Links
I am sure that you are talking about the plate hE.

But levering it off with a flat bar is laughable when its held in place.

Even if you now do remove the screws its probably distorted so much that the HE will need to be replaced!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back