Removing a detector or zone from an Intellisense 800L

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi everyone,
First of all, I apologize if the answer to my question is elsewhere in this forum... I checked but I didn't find it.

I've got an Intellisense 800L since 2003 and everything went right since then.

I'm doing a lot of works and repairs into my kitchen and the detector attached in the corner between two walls need to be unplugged during a few months and plugged again after all the jobs are done.
The company who installs the alarm no longer exists (of course).
I've checked all the documentations and this forum but I didn't find the good answer.

I don't want to try unplugging it and to face a situation where I don't have a point of no return.
I don't want to annoy the neighboorhood with a ringing alarm, not knowing how to stop it, as I'm in panic mode :)

I don't have a lot of experience with alarms but as I'm used to computers, electronics systems and I always have a screwdriver in the hand, I'm sure I can do this on my own :)

So, if someone can tell me how to remove easily a zone (or detector) from the system, it would be very helpfull.
Thank you in advance.
Laurent

Sponsored Links
Twist Alarm N/C wires together and separately twist together the Tamper wires, and tape over. And snip off the + - wires separately so they do not short out.
This will bypass the sensor & allow system to work. Then reconnect at later date.

Alarm will go in to tamper alarm until you twist the tamper wires together & reset system with your code.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your very fast answer !
But, do I need to do that on the side where wires are actually connected to the detector, or to the wires actually connected to the main board ?

And, do you know where I can find a descriptive of wire colours / function ?

Many many thanks.

Forget wire colours.

Ask any engineer and he will have different uses for each, security you know. ;)

Sponsored Links
Snip wires at the sensor. Different installers use differnt colours for wires. Take a pitcute before you remove wires so you can use in future.

Well, that sounds clear now.

I will do it on tomorrow and I'll come back if I'm in touble.

Thank you all for your quick and clear answers !

That's very kind from you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back