INTELLISENSE 800L wirding second keypad HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 8 year old Intellisense 800L Alarm system. Just extended the house want an extra keypad in the garage. Found compatible keypad by TATE company online. Gave it to my fitter who also installed 2 more sensors. However he had a problem and was unable to make the keypad function. It lit up you could see the zones but not able to key in code. I checked the manual online this system is definitely able to carry more than 1 keypad.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intellise...990?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a5b4d5f6

This is the one i bought....... Its says its compatible. Not sure what do?

Please help me if you can!!!! I dont want a new alarm system - Out of budget!!!!!!!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
First how many zone lights on your original keypad ? If 8 should be ok , if 7 maybe if it's a later version most common error is that you have the D and C connection the wrong way , power C D in parallel , tamper goes in series ok, if you have checked the above down power the keypad s and re connect to see if that brings the new one back online

Hi sparkymarka,
The original intellisense keypad shows 8 zones, I was previously using 6 PIRS. Now I have 8 PIRS, the new keypad also shows 8 zones. What should i do? check the wiring on the original keypad? the mirror it on the new keypad?
Should I check the main control panel?

Should work ok just check that C and D are the same on both keypads as on pcb in the main panel

Sponsored Links
C & D are the same on both keypads.... new keypad is lit up, makes noises when keys are pressed. checked the control panel, matched the C & D connections to the original keypad, and the tamper wires as well as the power wires.
When using a new keypad do I have to reset the whole system? Is there a default code needed? the engineer code 7890 is not gaining a response on the new keypad.
How do I activate and use this keypad .......... ??? S.O.S

How have you run the cable ? Clips or stapled ? Check for shorts if you have stapled the cable

OMG the short lead daisy chain works...... what does that mean????????? How can this be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back