Removing a pipe below the stop cap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I will include a few photos to hopefully get some help.

This is the stop cap, excuse the mess, kitchen is the only room I haven't started on yet. The water comes from below the house.

Behind the fire place is this iron pipe.

That feeds this pipe here in the wardrobe.

That then flows all around the house (9 meters worth of pipe) that goes up to a water tank, back downstairs and into an electric boiler that feeds a shower built in an extenstion prior to my ownership.

The boiler is within another meter of an existing water pipe so can easily be repiped from that or removed all together.

How much will removing this all cost? Roughly. Is it worth isolating it from outside the property myself, emptying the system out and capping the pipe myself?

Sponsored Links
Your best option is to call a few plumbers for a quote. it will be difficult for people on here to price it from photos.
Where about in oxfordshire are you?

Your best option is to call a few plumbers for a quote. it will be difficult for people on here to price it from photos.
Where about in oxfordshire are you?

Banbury.

But I can't find a decent plumber locally from reputation, it's the one trade I struggle to find anyone.

I'm originally from Oxford, but Banbury is a bit out of the way for some of the people I know.

Sponsored Links
I'm originally from Oxford, but Banbury is a bit out of the way for some of the people I know.

It's always the way.

I don't think it should overly be a difficult job.
The kitchen is being re-done next year, so I can remove the pipe under the kitchen from the stop-tap then. Until then I just need it capped and the rest of the system removed.

Once it's been disconnected that shouldn't be a problem? None of it is hard to access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back