Draining, capping off & removing a one pipe system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we have a combi boiler and a one pipe system.
I plan to drain the system inorder to remove all rads and pipes as all pipes are on the skirting right around the bungalow and replace with a 2 pipe system and new rads in new locations.
I wanted to see if I could save some money and do the first part (removal) myself as we are fine without heating.
I plan to turn off the water, drain the system from the drain valve I can see on the pipe, then chop the flow and return pipes in the loft (with a bucket under them) and fit an end cap on each pipe then remove everything?
Is this basically it?
Any advice/tips appreciated.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Make & model of boiler? Some combi boilers need the system to be filled in order to generate hot water

Ahh sorry it's a Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll need to have pressure in the heating circuit for that to generate hot water, so you'll need at least one radiator connected and a filling loop. They overheat quite easily so you also need to make sure the heat exchanger is properly vented before firing it up again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back