Draining system - no drain-off valves - and fitting new rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I want to fit a rad in a recently-converted garage. None of the existing rads have a drain-off valve, which I found odd. Anyway, last week I removed a rad from a wall that had to be removed and the pipe work is still coming up. Could I connect up to one of these valves to drain the system?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
url]

The image above shows where the radiator was and where and want to move it to, it also shows the valves I am hoping to be able to use to drain the system.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
you can use a self cutting drain cock or washing machine connection to drain down, then cut out the bit with the hole and install a real drain cock.

Many thanks for the replies, chaps.
url]

Above is a link to 'my album' with 3 pictures to illustrate what I am working with.
The first image shows the under-boiler area, which I have left exposed for easy access. (I'll knock some sort of hatch up in due course.)
The second pic shows where I want to fit the rad. (I've already place the copper piping in).
The third image shows where the rad previously was and the valves remaining.

The valve connection could be the same size as a washing machine hose or even an outside tap hose connection.

armo do the outside tap hose connection fittings connect to a garden hose? just wondering like, if it would be any use to drain down , IF YOU ALREADY HAD A RAD OFF THE WALL :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back