Removing a radiator for plastering

No,One or the other. If you are leaving the trv head on in the closed position you will need the end cap as a back up just incase the trv opens slightly due to the temperature change in the room. If you are removing the trv head you can place a coin on the pin that opens and closes the valve and tape it on, wont hurt to stick the end cap on again just as a backup.

Sponsored Links
So if I do it the coin way don't you have to put anything over the threads either end incase water comes through?

Sorry i showed you the wrong cap end in the last pic.

you want one of these to screw on the trv end.

caps.jpg

with a 1/2" rubber washer seal.

38969.jpg

Cheers for the cap pic, Does that go on where the thermostat is or does it go on the left on the thermostat, where the tread is?

Sponsored Links
So if i put the cap around the thread

11kicu9.jpg

Can I still remove the thermostat use a 5p coin to push the pin down then put the thermostat back on to be safe?

That part stays in the rad you'll be disconnecting the next nut along.
but yes same idea.

So I can do it both ways to be safe?

Also is it possible to put a cap on the lockshield valve side, is it possible from water to come from that side aswell?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back