Flat renovation, Plumbing question? Radiator removal...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted to the forum earlier about replacingthe caps on these Danfoss trv's
//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...alues-can-you-help-identify-the-model.386754/

I have 8 radiators within the flat.

I'm working on one room at a time within the flat and was wondering about removing the radiator so I could have a look at the plaster work around the window and repair if necessary.

The plaster looks cracked around the radiator and on the basis that I was going get the room re-plastered then thought it would be a good idea to remove the radiator.

If I remove the radiator and cap off the two ends' will I still be able to run the boiler?

In order to remove the radiator, do I need to drain the whole system?

On the lowest radiator in the flat there are two drain points, so can drain from there...

Thanks

[/url]

Sponsored Links
Can't you just close the valves at each end of the rad then drain it and remove it?

When you remove the rad take care to handle it upside down or filthy sludgy black water will pour out all over the floor.

If you are re-plastering, consider dry-lining outside walls for extra insulation. It makes a big difference.

I close it off at the non trv end with the lockshield,

but where the donfoss trv cap is broken and the value nipple is fully extruded, which I believe is in it's fully open position, I have no way of dressing in the nipple and closing of the value.

Sorry if you have to clock your head to the left to look at this photo, for some reason it rotated..

Have you got another one of these TRVs on another rad? And has it got a positive stop? O. Rather than a snow Flake?

Without the positive stop, you will need a decorators cap to shut it off

Take the head off of another valve and on to this one so that you can shut it down.

I

Sponsored Links
Tie wrap, if you've not got a spare cap, depress the pin as far as it will go then tie wrap it in place. Not perfect but should be fine if you've got it depressed fully, just be careful not to knock it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back