Removing a shower unit so can tile ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Hopefully someone out there can help...
We are currently re tiling our bathroom and in the shower cubicle I would like to take the shower unit off the wall to I can tile properly, rather than tiling around it.
The shower is a Triton AS2000XT, I have switched the elec off at the fuse board, taken the front cover off and disconnected the elec supply. I have also switched the water off using the isolator valves on the pipes, but don't know how to disconnect the pipes ?
The water supply comes in from behind the wall and just under the shower unit, through the supplied elbows then into the unit. Reading the manual, there was a little tool thing that is used during installation and they just push in like a press fit fitting ?
Would appreciate some advice on how to do this, i'm sure it is very simple and a 2 min job !

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can buy the tool but at around ten quid, its a bit of a con. Just a flat piece of plastic with a slot cut into it. They can be difficult to remove after a period of time but something like a spanner placed around the pipe and pushed towards the fitting should do it. A slight twisting motion will help.

Appreciate your help.
I'll have another look tomorrow to see if I have the original tool somewhere (have a box where I tend to keep left over bits !), unless the plumber who installed it didn't leave it behind.

So I just have to push the two things back with the tool and this should disengage the pipes, allowing me to pull them out ?

Sponsored Links
Yes. If you look at the manual, you will see what the tool looks like and maybe make one with a piece of plastic, a drill and a hack saw.

Managed to mackle together a tool as suggested (couldn't find the original and couldn't bring myself to pay £10 for a tiny piece of plastic !)... anyhow, it worked and shower is removed :D
Can get on with tiling now then put the shower unit back (assuming it is just the reverse).
Once again, thanks for the advise, was pretty easy in the end... every day is a learning day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back