Removing a switch from a 2way switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched the forums and I can see the question asked a few times so my apologises if it has already been covered. I found a post from someone who has similar lighting wiring as mine (neutrals together) but they removing the 2nd switch (the slave?) while I wish to remove the primary switch and mine has an additional brown wire (C) connect to the switches I'm keeping.

Can some one talk me through what I would need to do in order to remove that switch? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20211210_113838.jpg
    20211210_113838.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211210_113957.jpg
    20211210_113957.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
With a standard on/off two way switch there are two basic ways to wire.
upload_2021-12-10_14-24-11.png
But once you move to electronic switches you need to follow manufacturers instructions as there are so many different ways, including wifi between switches and only live and neutral at the slave unit.

This is the documentation for the Vpro dimmers currently running a dimmable LED driver. I still don't understand why cable 'C' is going from the common on one switch to the L1 on the other in the same box. The documentation shows the neutral going into the switch but on my they all join in a block.
Untitled-1.jpg

Ultimately all the lights will have a simple on/off key switch (isolate if needed) and I'll be using wifi LED driver to control them

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back