Removing a uPVC Panel from a Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To the side of my door is a half height uPVC panel. I would like to remove this so I can find out how thick it is to get a replacement panel to fit a cat flap to. I've tried to see if I can un-pop the side strips but can't see how to. I can't even get a knife blade between the two bits of plastic. I am able to slide a screw-driver between the panel and rubber grommet.

Below are a couple of pics showing the panel

IMG_3783.JPG
IMG_3785.JPG

Cheers for any advise

Sponsored Links
Start in the middle of one the longer mouldings; try pressing the moulding inwards with the heel if one hand while inserting a knife in the gap which you should be able to discover between the moulding and the door. I use a worn putty knife with rounded edges for this in order to try to minimise damage, then one or two flat-bladed screwdrivers to open up the gap and spring the moulding away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back