Replacing door panel in uPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We presently have a moulded panel in a uPVC door. We would like to replace this with a flat panel so that we can fit a cat flap. I've been doing some searching on the internet as to how to remove the old panel and have found a lot of "just pop out the old panel" However there seems to be no more description as to how you "pop" out the old panel.

What steps do I have to take to remove the old panel? Is this something I can do myself?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
usually they are held in with beading like on windows, these beads can be removed with a pallet knife or somthing similar (push the edge of the blade between bead and door then twist, but keeping the knife straight) once the beading is removed then the panel should just pop out. fitting the new one is just the reverse, remember to toe and heal the new panel with packers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back