Removing ACLU Drayton LP722 to tighten fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Drayton controller which is loose and I can't figure how to get at the fixing screws to tighten them, I'm reluctant to force anything as knowing my luck I'll break it!

Any guidance gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
As follows:

a. Turn off power to programmer, remove fuse from spur unit / remove plug from socket if not wired to fused spur.

b. There will be two small screws under the body of the programmer. Loosen these quite a lot but without removing them altogether.

c. Pull the base of the unit forwards and upwards. The programmer should then come off its back plate, to which it is electrically connected via a number of pins on the programmer to sockets on the backplate.

d. Check, preferably with a multimeter, that there is no voltage to any of the pins on the backplate. If there is, replace programmer and leave to an expert.

e. If no voltage, then tighten screws holding backplate to wall, making good any damaged screw holes in wall so that the screws hold.

f. Replace programmer to backplate. With base canted towards you, lower on to base plate, ensure lugs at back and pins for electrical connections locate properly. Push down on base. Re-tighten screws underneath.

g. Switch on / put plug in again.

Thanks all sorted.

Did have a bit of difficulty getting the controller front to locate on the top lugs after I had tightened the backplate fixing screws, thought the metal strip on top of the backplate had something to do with it.

It transpires that when I tightened the backplate screws this drew the plate into the backbox, setting back the retaining lugs stopping them engaging with the controller, this must have happend when British Gas fitted the controller, so they used a shortend junior hacksaw blade (metal strip I thought was part of the kit) as a bridge between the backplate and the wall, and tightend against this, quite ingenious use of recycling :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back