Removing an outdoor toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got an old toilet in an outhouse in the garden (Edwardian House) and I am planning on demolishing the outhouse.

My question is, once I remove the toilet, how do I "seal" the soil pipe area?

Not sure what other info you need to help. The cistern is above head height, metal I think. It doesn't flush, although you can pour a bucket of water down the toilet bowl and only a small amount of water escapes from between the toilet an the floor. Um, it's about 4 metres from the house. The toilet was probably put in when people first put toilets in outhouses.... :confused:

Your assistance would be appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
My advice is to contact your local authority / council.

But if there is still a supply to the cistern, it will need to be removed from the branch of the supply pipe to prevent contamination due to water in any unused pipework becoming stagnant.

Regards, Chris

That`s not an outhouse, it`s a ****house :LOL: Just fill the hole with concrete

:LOL: Yes, a more appropriate definition than mine....

Having started to clear everything out I have noticed that the toilet doesn't smell, yet there is no water inside. I though that the water in the u-bend prevented the smell from the sewer form coming through. Therefore, if there is no water and no smell, then am I right in thinking that it must be blocked up somewhere anyway?

Good if it is!

Sponsored Links
Nah...you`re just in a posh area of The Smoke ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back