Removing cartridge from hudson reed thermostatic shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone shed some light on removing the cartridge on an 8 year old shower, basically the temperature adjustment is getting erratic and before I replace the whole assembly would like to remove it for cleaning. I have removed two ext circlips, a 'c' clip and temperature cover to leave only the flow adjuster and the cartridge but it wont budge, Im not sure if it should now pull out or unscrew but seems solid and I dont want to damage it further.

Thanks for your time,

Milheron

Sponsored Links
Hi - afraid I cannot help, but i am trying to see if i can stop the valve leaking - basically we have been tightening more and more and now it wont close off all flow. I dont know how to get to the valve washer to check - any ideas?

I thought HR had very long warranties...might be worth a call to see if they'll come and do it for you

Sponsored Links
I thought HR had very long warranties...might be worth a call to see if they'll come and do it for you

Their warranty isn't worth anything, as it doesn't cover anything that could go wrong - the cartridge is excluded as they count it as a serviceable part, about the only thing that is covered is the finish of the valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back