removing dble glazed window and block up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wish to remove a double glazed window (115cm x 97cm) in an outside wall in my bathroom, block up approximately half (length) replace the remaining hole with a smaller double glazed window with a view to fitting a shower over my bath on the blocked up section. Could anyone tell me the order of progression and what is required. obviously the window comes out first, do i continue the contour line of the existing cavity wall,there is a lintil in situ and plan to leave that in place !? do i need to fit a dpc around the blocked up section? do i need to fit wall ties ? and other than ensuring the new window is fitted squarly,and filled with expanding foam around the sides aqnything else i need to beaware of. I appreciate i have asked several general questions but would like a list of what i should do and in what order, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
What you propose is a straightforward job, but you would be better advised asking your question on the "Windows and Doors" forum on here. There are guys there that fit PVC frames on a daily basis.

As always, pics would show better than words, esp. pics of the proposed shower area ( you might be building in trouble ) and the exterior below the bathroom - for possible access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back