removing emulsion from wood door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone has painted over a white glossed door with red emulsion. What is the best way to remove emulsion, please.

Sponsored Links
sandpaper, then it'll be ready to repaint.

If you use an undercoat you don't have to get it all off, just get the surface flat and smooth.

I would personally sand off all the emulsion as I don't see it adhering to gloss very well. Should be pretty easy to sand off though!

Use sand paper and remove as much as you can with reasonable effort. Remove all surface dust and apply an undercoat and then it will be ready for top coat(s).

Sponsored Links
if there is gloss underneath that you could give it a try with a heat gun - it should get the gloss along with the emulsion...

Though, I've never tried it myself...

if there is gloss underneath that you could give it a try with a heat gun - it should get the gloss along with the emulsion...

Though, I've never tried it myself...

Should not be any need to strip the gloss underneath. As mentioned above, just sand the emulsion off and apply undercoat then your top coat!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back