Removing expanding foam skin ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had new windows installed in our old cottage, no problems, local village builder did the work, sympathetic to stone, Victorian brick and old render.
Just one thing to sort.
The windows are wood Benlowe with the 10 yr paint finish. On just one window the expanding pink foam spread onto the paintwork of the frame. Most just peeled off but it has left pink foam skin fragments sticking to the paint. It will not peel off, soap/water no use, white spirit no use. I don't want to use a scraper and damage the paint.
Builder has asked the foam suppliers what can be done but no response yet.
Just a simple little thing but HOW can I get it off with out causing any damage to the paint ?
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks
Brian.

Sponsored Links
Anything that dissolves foam is highly likely, almost defenitely, going to dissolve paint.

I think you may need to bite the bullet and just sand it down and repaint that area.

Sponsored Links
are you talking builders space filling foam
or pu glue that foams a bit and glues the wood and other structural components together ??

If you leave it out in the sun for a while, it will go brittle and you can rub it off with a coarse rag. It goes yellow when the sunlight degrades it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back