Removing glass conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’m removing a glass roof conservatory on my own this week and get the general concept for removal from some vague online tutorials/references.

It seems you remove the end caps and prise out seals/bars and then slide the panels out. Does that sound right?

The only issue is on the house side where you can’t slide the panels out due to the house wall. I presume there is a way to remove both sides of the frame and lift the panels up?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
F74C73DE-8E94-4E33-9AA8-D93AA3763998.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Not a clue but I’m anticipating somewhere between ‘super’ and ‘hernia inducing’!

Suggest you get some glass suckers for something to hold on to as they will be heavy and tricky to hold. Once you have removed the trims then the glass should push up and lift out. B&Q had some orange suckers for £10 when I was there recently.

Sponsored Links
Just a quick update for anyone tackling this job in future. I prised the plastic covers off the supports and with the top centre cap of the conservatory removed and sealant cut through the panels can be lifted out.

The biggest panels were approx 600 x 2000 and I’d guess at 25-30kg

I removed a toughened glass a few years ago - and believe me it is very dangerous and heavy. I suggest outdoor gardening gloves and have something to slide it right off - I tried to take precautions but once it starts moving I had an old carpet on the ground and cut my hand trying to stop it.
Sorry for the. “ War & Peace” but be careful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back