Removing Haze

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently installed porcelaine floor tiles and CANNOT get all the haze from the grouting off! It looks all smudged when the light shines on it. We have washed 3-4 times and the chalklike haze still remains. Cleaners recommended by the tile company just do NOT remove it all and leave a clean, smooth surface. Any idea for help is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert but have you tried rubbing it off with a dry cloth?

Grout just gets more and more thinned out as you wash it off but it never really goes until you use a dry cloth on it.

Hi rozzer39
I used to use the 2 buckets of water an 2 seperate sponge method
one was wash over an the next to wipe off ..
if you have tried an tried then ...
as you are a Yank ,Home Depot do have a non acid haze remover , hope this helps ;)

Sponsored Links
You could always try some professional products if nothing else seems to be working. I'd recommend the products that ChemDry sell, as they seem to be the most reliant and claim to be "natural" and green. More info on their website here: http://www.chemdryclean.co.uk/ofliverpool

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back