Removing inside vent cover for cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all hope someone can help

Have attached pic of vent, no obvious screws have tried "popping" it out have tried turning to the right and then left nothing almost seems wedged in.

Have also tried to pop the cover out with a flat screwdriver but not really budging (is a tiny little bit but the cover seems quite fragile and don't want to force it)

Basically it is disgusting under the cover and needs a good clean, recently moved into property and could not figure out why so much dust in the air think this is why.

What is the correct way these should be opened?

thanks for any help appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20190127_115430.jpg
    IMG_20190127_115430.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 261
Sponsored Links
isnt coming out! have already broken one part of the middle trying to pop it out again and when levering the edges the plastic feels very very weak

mmmm

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
i cant even get the outer ring off think that is glued in!

thanks for your reply

Is it just stuck with emulsion paint? Try running a blade round it. If it is still tight try tapping it gently all round then applying upward pressure at the same time as turning it. I can't think why anyone would need to glue it in place.

thanks but still no good

very close to it snapping now so better leave it as not my property :)

thanks all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back