removing monobloc tap head?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me how you remove the tap covers on the following type of tap? The taps are dripping, so I want to look at the ceramic cartridges and perhaps clean them up as they are only a year old (so couldn't have worn away just yet surely, more like debris inside the tap causing problems?). On alot of taps you can pop off the hot/cold cover to expose the screw, but not sure what you do with this type of tap.

http://cnb-host2.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/tapshop?op=catalogue-products-null&prodCategoryID=37

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ease off the coloured caps on the end of the handles.
Undo screws with screwdriver.
Remove tap handles.
Isolate services.
Undo big nuts.

thanks. do you think its likely to be debris casunig the drip considering they are only a year old?

Sponsored Links
chocdrop said:
thanks. do you think its likely to be debris casunig the drip considering they are only a year old?
Hard to answer that one. Debris can occur anywhere at any time.

I've seen new taps that start dripping within weeks of fitting - usually a manufacturing fault that is rectified by replacing the cartridge under warranty.

If it's a cold mains tap then you may be blissfully unaware of the stuff that comes along and emerges inside your house. If someone locally had some work done on the mains, then you're CERTAIN to get debris.

Similarly, you may have debris in your cold storage cistern (if you have stored cold and hot water) that ends up coming out of your hot tap.

Anyway, you can always dismantle your cartridge to find out the cause of the drip, if you have the time. I never have the time, therefore I just fit a replacement and walk away - always cheaper for the customer too :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back