Removing Mosaic Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to tackle my bathroom which is half tiled by very old mosaic tiles. The plaster is also very old and cracked and I'm sure that any attempt to remove the tiles will pull most of the plaster off the wall. One option I was thinking about was simply plasterboarding over the entire wall to give me a nice new clean surface .... any advice would be appreciated.. I could just pull the whole thing down and replater from scratch ... but don't think the budget would allow for that

cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
had a look behind some of the existing plaseter and it's very very old 'clinker' taht just falls off to expose the brickwork - would i need to coat the brickwork / insulate / whatever before putting on the plasterboard - probably a daft question but ...

Sponsored Links
Over the top as in over the existing tiles? Surely this is gonna make the finished surface nearly an inch into the room (adhesive, plasterboard, tile adhesive and finally tile)? Is this acceptable in that room? How does it affect the door architrave (or isn't it a problem?)
No way I'd do that, rip it down and do it properly in my book.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back