Removing old paint from door frame sealing strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our exterior door frames have a built in rubber type sealing strip. The previous owner was careless and splashed paint on it, white paint on black looks quite messy.

Do you know if there's anything I can use on this type of material, Nitromors says it's not for use on rubber, vinyl, plastics etc. So I think it would react with it and spoil it.

Any way to get the paint off?

Sponsored Links
Think you can get rolls of the sealing strip from the bigger builders merchants or a joinery shop.

Do you know if its easy to remove and replace then? From what I can tell it seems to well secured, in some hidden way in the frame (wooden). I'm reluctant to prise a bit away in case I can't get in back in again.

Thanks for the suggestion, its an option if I work out how to fit it.

White spirit & fine wire wool - elbow grease.

OR paint it black again :D

Sponsored Links
When i used to work on site years ago we had to take out the draught strips to paint the frames then put them back in, not easy but they went in using a scraper.

White spirit & fine wire wool - elbow grease.

OR paint it black again :D

Had a quick go and it is coming off...why can't I think of the obvious, thanks!

When i used to work on site years ago we had to take out the draught strips to paint the frames then put them back in, not easy but they went in using a scraper.

I'd like to do that, but suspect I'll use masking tape, thanks for letting me know it can be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back