Removing paint from skirting and archtrave?

Sponsored Links
Back to the question, the architrave at least looks in good nick, so a rub down and maybe a coat of primer (I'm not to familiar with water based paints.... shows you how long it is since I painted woodwork!) then a top coat should give a good finish.

Sponsored Links
I hadn’t thought of lead paint. The newspapers under the carpets are from 1975/76 so I bet the paint is the same age.
Probably won't have any lead in it, then. Our house, Victorian, had dark green paint and even some dark green wallpaper (think arsenic compounds, let alone lead based paints)

Probably won't have any lead in it, then. Our house, Victorian, had dark green paint and even some dark green wallpaper (think arsenic compounds, let alone lead based paints)

Unless it's proper Victorian era wallpaper, very unlikely azo dyes invented a long time ago.

It was proper Victorian wallpaper. We had a bit tested (admittedly by a science teacher, not a lab) and he confirmed it

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back