Removing radiator with new compression valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there.
Is there a technique to remove a radiator which has the newer compression type valves fitted?
I had a go but was concerned about putting to much pressure on the pipes when pulling apart.
Not like the older type, they were easier.
Any hints appreciated.
Harry.

Sponsored Links
Whoever decided that that type of radiator valve was a good idea needs a Glasgow throat massage. Stupid things.

You probably gathered my answer to your question is "no"!
I suppose if you can get one out, you could loosen the nut on the pipe a little to turn that valve out of the way, and bump the rad along a fraction, away from the other valve.

Couldn't agree more lads.
Obviously the guy who invented them wasn't a plumber.
Thanks for the advice ChrisR, I'll try your way & I'll try another way which
was posted involving losing the nuts & lifting the rad off its brackets & tilting forward.
I'll let you know how I get on, either on this section or the DIY disaster forum.

Sponsored Links
You will see from the overwhelming numbers of posts v other trades that the nation is riddled with people who think they're plumbers/heating engineers so we may as well have one as an inventor of radiator tails.

I remember we had someone on here once who'd invented a new kind of radiator valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back