Removing radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Myson 2 TRV controlled radiator which I wish to remove for decorating. I can remove the TRV cap to reveal the control pin but this means the valve is now fully open. Is there a reliable way to shut off the valve so I can remove the radiator without the need to drain the whole system?

Sponsored Links
These usually come with a screw-on cap that holds the pin down - so you take off the thermostatic head and then fit the screw cap. You might get one from your local plumbers merchants.
Hope this helps!

you also need to close the lock shield on the other side , remember how many turns to close your lock shield (and use the same when you put it back) or you may have to balance your system when you put it all back together again.
make sure the rad has a drain off valve first , you can open it by creating a vacuum in the system but i wouldn't recommend it for radiator removal.
also , make sure the system if off and cold.
is it running from a combi?

Sponsored Links
Do you need to remove it or can you lift'n'tilt it?

I groan when I see trvs as often they refuse to shut fully and need capping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back